Often I have clients asking me what they should do if they would like to leave an inheritance for a relative who is on public benefits such as SSI or Medicaid. What do I recommend? The Wispact Special Needs Trust. The Wispact Special Needs Trust is a community pooled Trust that allows a beneficiary to keep assets in trust for his/her benefit while still maintaining their public benefits (such as SSI or Medicaid). There are two types of Wispact Trusts: The self-funded trust and the third-party trust. The self-funded trust can be created by a parent, grandparent or beneficiary, but is funded with assets of the beneficiary. The third-party trust is created by a parent, grandparent or other relative (not by the beneficiary) and is funded with assets that do not belong to the beneficiary. For more questions on the Wispact Special Needs Trust, please contact Pruitt Law Offices at 262-633-8301 or through our website at pruittlawoffices.com. We are your partners for professional service.