Have you lost your job or experienced reduced work hours? If you pay child support, have you notified the local child support agency and the payee of your income change? In most cases, you are required to do so. However, notification does not change your obligation. If you are not paying or are underpaying, arrears will accumulate at the ordered amount. Only a court order can change your support obligation. If you have experienced a change in income, you should file a motion to modify your child support or maintenance order. This should be done as soon as possible, as a modification order can not be retroactive. Family law issues can be complicated. At Pruitt Law Offices, S.C. we know the ropes. You can rely on us for expert advice. Contact our office at 262-633-8301 or through our website at pruittlawoffices.com. We are your partners for professional service.