Are you caring for another person’s child? Would you like your child to stay – short term or long term – with a friend or relative? There are times in our lives when we need help from, or offer help to, others in regard to child care. Perhaps an illness, hospitalization, travel, or job responsibilities have forced you to leave your child or children in the care of another. Absent some sort of legal authorization, that other person has no ability to authorize medical care or deal with school authorities on behalf of your child. Most people believe a formal guardianship action would be necessary to address this situation. However, there is an easier way. A parental “POA” or Power-of-Attorney Delegating Parental Power can be executed and would be sufficient in many of these circumstances. Contact the knowledgeable attorneys at Pruitt Law Offices S.C. at 262-633-8301, through our website at, or visit us at 731 Main Street in Racine. We are your partners for professional service.