You’ve received a traffic ticket. Now what?  If you were ticketed by a sheriff’s deputy or the state patrol, your ticket will be handled by the district attorney’s office in that county and will show up on CCAP (Wisconsin’s Circuit Court Access Program) online. If you were ticketed by a local police department (Racine, Mount Pleasant, or Burlington for example) your ticket will be handled by that municipality’s legal counsel in that municipal court. Municipal citations do not show up on CCAP. Regardless of the jurisdiction, your ticket will have a “return” date or court date. You are not required to appear but you do have to do something to avoid being found guilty by default. Most traffic citations carry both a monetary penalty (forfeiture) and demerit points against your driving privilege. An experienced attorney can minimize your consequences. If your employer offers a legal insurance plan such as Hyatt, MetLaw, or ARAG, you may be able to use the services of a participating attorney (like Pruitt Law Offices S.C.) at no cost to you. Call Pruitt Law Offices S.C. at 262-633-8301 or visit us at We are located at 731 Main Street in Racine. We are your partners for professional service.