Several different occurrences can trigger the need for guardianships.  When minors receive personal injury settlements or beneficiary distributions from a will, guardianship can be set up to administer the funds for the child.  When developmentally disabled minors become adults, orders are put in place for direction on daily living decisions, medical care and asset administration.  When minor parents are unable to care for their child, then guardians can be named to raise the child and have authority to make decisions in the child’s daily life.  When adults lose competency and they do not have power of attorney documents, guardianships are needed to determine at what level the “ward” can still participate in decisions and who will have financial control of assets.  For a free consultation, call us at 262-633-8301, contact us through our website at, or visit us at 731 Main Street in Racine. We are your partners for professional service.